Paging?

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Saw this question posted before with no response.  If I have a list with 1000 items and I have the item limit set in the listview to show in groups of 100 then the filter only applies to items in the current group of 100 items that I'm displaying.  Is there a way to have the filter return items that are outside the current batch of 100?

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Also looking for this same solution.  This instantfilter is great except that it is only filtering the current page of data.  Has a way been found to have it include results on subsequent pages?

Thanks much,

JS

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I haven't tried it, but I can't think of a reason that this script *wouldn't* work on subsequent pages. It will, however, only filter what is currently on the screen. This is the nature of client-side code. If you want to filter all of the items in the list, then you should either:

• Write a DVWP which filters based on Query String parameters
  • Use SharePoint's Web Services to retreive values based on the filter values (see my SPServices for help with this)
  • Write server-side (managed) code

M.

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Please somebody help me, i urgent need this solution because my client want the search is in the next page too, Actually, i show 5 elements of list in the webpart and the search with instantlistfilter is ok is very nice, but i need found in the next page of webpart please please any ideas , some idea of try of modifi the code ??? 

Bless
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hi,

is there any solution?

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Guys,

No offense but you need to use some common sense...

Like Marc has correctly mentioned, this is a simple jQuery component which filters the data on the current screen.

If you really want the filter to be applied to the whole data, either you have to make web services calls (to get the new filtered dataset) the way Marc's AutoComplete script does OR store the WHOLE (unfiltered) dataset at the client-side (javascript arrays) during the first call itself and just keep filtering it at the client-side by applying jQuery.

Of course, the second option is a NO-NO if you are talking about a huge number of records...!!!