Grouped views?

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi,

I've installed the list filter and it works great. The only thing I miss is the filters in grouped view. When a document library contains a lot of items, I use grouping all the time to manage the documents, but then filter options are lost.

Is it possible to add those to the grouped views somehow?

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I also get it to work fine when a list isn't grouped but I really need it on my larger lists that are grouped. This feature would be great.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I uploaded a patch for this.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Hi,

Can you please let me know, where do i find the patch for grouped views?

Thanks much,

Nitin Gupta

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM

http://instantlistfilter.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM

SoerenNielsen's patch doesn't seem to work with SharePoint 2010, because <tbody id="tbod*"> is now empty and <tr class="ms-itmhover"> are moved into the next <tbody>:

So i modified his line:

$("tbody[id*='tbod'] tr", $(inputClosure).parents('table')).each( trmatch );

to

$("tbody tr.ms-itmhover").each( trmatch );

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Thanks, waholayo. That patch fixed the issue with getting the filter to work while using Grouped views.

However, I'm still having a problem with getting the group headers to update once the filter is applied. For example, if your list has 5 different groups but your filter criteria is only found within 2 of those groups, all 5 groups are still displayed. Furthermore, within the group header count of items it still displays the grand total amount, not the actual filtered amount.

I'm guessing this is because the items are hidden and not exactly removed from the view when filtered, thus SharePoint still treats them as they're actively in the list. I've been trying to figure out how to grab the item count and modify the group headers but am not having much luck. Any advice is much appreciated.